2. What’s your favorite thing about working at Mango?
It is incredibly rewarding to help our family of customers create life changing journeys to Africa.
3. Why do you love to travel?
I enjoy experiencing all of the beauty and power of mother nature on our Goldilocks planet. Also, I believe that I am a citizen of the earth and that we have much to learn and share with each other.
To quote Mark Twain
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime."
4. What’s your favorite destination in Africa and why?
Okavango Delta – you cannot feel the presence of man or the year. you have truly fallen into nature.
5. What’s your favorite destination outside of Africa and why?
Indonesia - snorkeling remote islands by sailboat is wild!
7. What’s the best thing you ever ate while traveling?
Chocolate mousse frozen hard on the outside from liquid nitrogen
8. What’s the most memorable wildlife sighting in Africa?
While drinking coffee, we watched 3 wild dogs chase an impala into the river in front of us. The wild dogs had their breakfast caught but were foiled when a giant crocodile came out of the water and stole the impala for himself.
9. What’s the most unique souvenir you’ve ever brought home from a trip?
I have a long list here…
A carved threshold of a Zanzibari door
3 carved walking men
A large scrap metal bird
10. What 5 things are always in your carry-on bag?
Cozy scarf, eye mask, lip balm, great moisturizer, hopefully a great page turner
12. What’s your top travel tip?
Get a good manicure and pedicure before you travel. No dishes on vacation!
13. What’s your favorite animal?
15. What’s your go-to drink for sundowners?
16. What’s your favorite movie or book?
Cutting for Stone or Lincoln in the Bardo
17. What’s your favorite food?
18. What pets do you have?
2 cats and 2 office millennials
20. What’s your guilty pleasure movie?