1. What’s your hometown?
2. What’s your favorite thing about working at Mango?
Creating amazing travel experiences for people in a very special place.
3. Why do you love to travel?
Seeing the world, meeting people of different cultures and gaining empathy. I love exploring the world with my daughter and husband.
4. What’s your favorite destination in Africa and why?
Kenya – for the family safari industry, Mozambique for the vibe, Botswana for nature at its best, the Seychelles for the most beautiful beaches.
6. What’s your dream trip for 2020?
I’m taking my greater multi-generational family of 12 on safari in Kenya and Tanzania – it is a lifelong dream of mine to have us all there with the kids, having fun together.
7. What’s the best thing you ever ate while traveling?
Mangos in season in Mozambique, Rambutans in season in Indonesia.
8. What’s the most memorable wildlife sighting in Africa?
Watching cheetahs compete for territory with my daughter.
9. What’s the most unique souvenir you’ve ever brought home from a trip?
A one piece ski suit from Hong Kong or the metal and driftwood bird I brought home from Zimbabwe.
11. What’s the foreign currency you have the most of floating around at home?
12. What’s your top travel tip?
Use a specialist to help you book your trip. You get the same costing trip but so much more value – saving you time and having someone with intimate knowledge make recommendations for that area.
13. What’s your favorite animal?
14. What do you love to do outside of travel?
Ski, cook, see live music, tennis, eat at great restaurants
15. What’s your go-to drink for sundowners?
A Pimms cup
16. What’s your favorite movie or book?
The Far Pavilions, Celestine Prophecy and Shadow of the Sun
17. What’s your favorite food?
It was cheese, now it is becoming bread.
18. What pets do you have?
A kitten named Dexter
19. What’s your perfect summer day?
A float down the river with family and friends – being out in nature.
20. What’s your guilty pleasure movie?
It's a TV show - Survivor